PDA

View Full Version : Solutions

zerogirl
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I live in a 100 yr old rowhouse (with its original brick and mortar foundation) in the middle of the city, and there is leakage in a few cracks in the floor/wall joint in the basement, causing a flooding problem. My question is, I see a lot of the solutions to the wet basement problem involve digging around the foundation, but that would be impossible in our situation as there are houses attached to ours on either side, the house directly opens to the street in the front, and the only patch of ground is about 10 feet from the house in the back....I know you can't tell me exactly what would happen, but how is the wet basement prob usually treated in a situation like this? We already have a sump pump but are more interested in not having the water in there in the first place. Thanks for your help.

Mark
04-05-2005, 08:24 AM
It is very common to install interior drain systems as well. These drains collect the water at the perimeter below the slab and channel the water to the sump. This definetly sound like something that a Basement Systems dealer can handle for you. To locate a dealer near you please call us at 1-800-541-0487.