PDA

View Full Version : The gap in the back

jerryc999
04-16-2005, 05:56 AM
I obtained several quotes before choosing a Basement Systems dealer. They will be out next week. The other contractors warned me about your system, however, saying that the gap in the back of your design would actually allow radon, smells, and insects into the basement space. Can you comment on that?

Mark
04-19-2005, 11:13 AM
The gap in the back of the Waterguard system is a built in wall drain. It's purpose is to allow any wall seepage to from a wall crack, pipe penetration or window leak to enter the system and not end up on the floor. For Radon to enter you must first have a radon problem. Do you? I'm not sure what type of smells but we've rarely had any issues with odors or smells from the system. I also question the insect comment, I dont know of any that live under a basement floor or how they would have gotton in or out before we install a system. Most of these comments are scare tactics. However if you are truely concerned we have ways to modify the system. We couls simply caulk the gap closed, or we could install a wall covering and encapsulate the wall sealing the top, sides and gap connection giving you the optimum solution.