PDA

View Full Version : utilities and raised platform in basement

jlittlebita1
05-24-2005, 02:47 PM
It is my understanding with this system that part of the basement floor is removed and the system installed. My question has to do with my water meter first which is on the basement floor approximately 6 inches from the wall with one "pipe" that comes from under the basement and one that goes through the ceiling. Is it possible to still have system installed or will this be a problem? Secondly, the owner before me built a raised cement slab which is approximately 12 x8 and 3 feet tall. How would the system be installed there? I live where there is a high watertable and I have 3 sump pumps (looking to get rid of one which is in the center of the basement.

Basement MD
05-31-2005, 10:54 AM
The water meter "pipe" in the floor is something we have to deal with in many homes. Usually we can install the system around the obsticle. The concrete slab has two choices it can be removed or they install the system around it. That would be the homeowners choice in most cases. I would recommend discussing both scenerios with your local Basement Systems dealer.