PDA

View Full Version : Clogged Pipes

Victoria
09-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm about to get your system installed and I have a couple of questions:

1. I have a full bathroom in my basement, but sometimes the main line of my plumbing would get clogged and flood my basement coming from the toilet or the mainpipe on the floor. Can you install a drainage system around the wall of my bathroom and/or near the main plumbing line on the floor?

2. I also have a washer and dryer in the basement. Will you be able to put the Thermal Dry floor matting underneath that?

3. I understand that you only install walls, but what would you suggest I use to finish the ceilings? I have sheet rock up now, but is there a better alternative to keep my basement dry and mold free with my ceilings?

Thanks so much.

Victoria

Basement MD
09-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Yes the system can be installed around the bathroom and or any pipes that may be in the way. There are usually a variety of obsticles in any basement that we need to work around.

If you want the thermal Dry matting under the washer and dryer it can be done. owever please check with your local Basement Systems dealer ahead of time.

I would recommend a drop ceiling because it gives you access to pipe and electrical wires in the ceiling.

I would also recommend a SaniDry dehumidification system for the basement if you want to keep in really dry especially in the summer time.