PDA

View Full Version : basement systems

artist
10-07-2003, 02:50 PM
When we moved into our house 19 years ago, the inspector recommended B-Dry, because of the efflorescence, mainly along the bottom of the walls. We didn't do it because of the cost, mess and not wanting a sump pump. In 19 years, the problem has worsened gradually, but especially after all the rain this year--more efflorescence, and damp/dark looking areas on the wall. (NO water on the floor.)
I saw your ad and wonder--how is your system different from B-dry, and do you think we could get away with not having a sump pump. We have a back porch that makes outside digging very difficult and expensive.
Thank you.

Mark
10-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the question. The basic concept of our drainage system is similar to B-Dry but the details are where the differences are. Our system has a built in wall drain to collect wall seepage, it sits on the footing rather then down in the soil which helps prevent clogging and is less disruptive in the installation. Our Supersump also has many unique features like, a totally sealed top, high water alarm, air tight floor drain, rigid structural foam liner and top, that bolts down for safety. We also have many other products that may interest you as well. We have backup pumps, floor and wall covering materials, exterior products, dehumidification systems and other systems which can help the entire basement environment.

I would contact your local Basement Systems dealer for a free estimate and inspection to see what systems would be right for your home.

Thanks
Mark Daconto VP
Basment Systems Inc.

4u2c
03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
One of your signifant differences from other waterproofing system is the location and the type of the pipe, esp. in preventing the mud get into / clog the pipe.

Can you explain this more details because I see bigger holes and not protected by "clothes" like other companies have. I think your pipe can be easier to be clogged by mud / soil. Is that right?

And also how can you protect the holes on your system between floor and wall (to catch the water dripping from the wall ) from bugs or dust or other insects get into it?

The other problem I see in any waterproofing is that the water being pumped out of the basement but being poured out just outside around the basement wall. So the water is being cyled back and forth from outside and inside - alias going nowhere. Any suggestion for this?

Thanks
Zeke