PDA

View Full Version : Sump pump runs too much

ron
12-31-2003, 01:01 PM
I have a 35 year old split with a partial basement with a French drain, sump pump and battery backup pump. I live almost at the top of a hill and the property slopes down from the back of the house to the front. When it rains my sump pump runs very often. At it?s worst, last year when we received 2 inches of rain following 2 feet of snow, it was running several times a minute for days (no exaggeration) and the French drain was full of water. Luckily the pump kept up and the basement did not flood (it was close). Even with a heavy rain it could run once to twice a minute. I would like to significantly lessen the amount the pump runs or eliminate the need altogether through some sort of outdoor solution. Do you handle this type of work?

Mark
12-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Dear Ron:

Yes, we do handle your problem, every day, thousands of problems just like yours. In order to help you further I would need to know where your located, so we may put you in touch with one of our many Waterproofing Professionals. We want to help you protect your property from further damage as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Mark

MD/jrm

ron
01-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Mark

My pump runs for days after the rain stops. Someone suggested that I may have an underground stream under my house. How would you find out if this was so and how would you waterproof against it?

Thanks
Ron

itumen
01-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Well, is the trouble coming from the floor or walls, or both ?
I would pour cement with special waterproof additives such as Sika 1 Concrete and Sika 4a. This can be done on the walls too + you can do an extra layer inside, of hidraulic cements.