PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Neighbor

VIVID
04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Just a couple of days ago, I found that our neighbor is dumping their basement water onto our property. :(
We own 4.3 acres in Michigan with lots of pines, and this issue is in the back yard, so it's easy to miss. There is about 10 inches of standing water at the deepest point with the "stream" being about 70ft long. He has a 4 inch black flexible pipe coming from his basement to our property. This pipe is 3/4 full of water with a constant stream coming out. It sounds like a fountain out there. When listening to the pump near their house, it never stops. :eek:
We have a couple of sump pump holes ourselves which are completely dry. But our basement is only 4 ft deep (tri-level) and I know the neighbors have a full basement - about 50 ft away from our house.

My question is, how can a basement have so much water?
Did he built this house on a water stream?
Would building a pond help his issue?

It is just unbelievable!! Since the neighbor has not been home since our discovery, we envolved the township police and also had the township themselves come out to see. It is still going out there and I am ready to cut the pipe right at my property line and throw it onto his side before all my pines die and mosquitos will move in. But wanted to wait for justice to kick in first before messing with it. :confused:

VIVID
04-23-2007, 07:04 PM
This is the neighbors house - zoomed in from my property. :mad:

VIVID
04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
LOOK AT THAT PIPE IN MY YARD!!!!!!!!!! GROSS :eek:
How long has this been going on???? :confused:

richard
04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Vivid,

All three of your bold questions are difficult to answer. If you're dry, and there's been no significant rain, with the amount of water you're showing it could be a broken water pipe. Difficult to tell without seeing it. If it's a basement waterproofing (http://www.basementsystems.com/basement_waterproofing/) issue, have your neighbor call us at 800-638-7048 or contact us online for a Free Estimate (http://www.basementsystems.com/forms/contact.php).

-Richard