PDA

View Full Version : Flushing the System?

Busthasbeenwet
08-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi;

I want to again thank you for your systems and customer service and all
around service. You guys are great. I had my system put in 2006, I think. I have two pumps, joined and exiting out to my front lawn. They are great. No water since that day. My question. I have asked before, but I want to re-assure myself.

Can I flush the drains, (the drains are all around the interior perimeters of my basement. With access holes at either end. Shoulld I flush with water to clear the pumps and basically just to check if all is ok. ? I worry about stagnant water in the drains and pumps!

Thank you,
Eric
Yonkers, NY :)

JacquesBouchard
08-11-2008, 07:37 AM
The short answer to that is Yes. However, remember that it will take a lot of water to cause the sump pump to trigger. Both your WaterGuard and the sump pump's liner is equipped with holes that allow water in but will also leach out into the dry soil. As you add water, you'll have a lot to overcome to bring the water to the level that will cause the sump pump to turn on.

Also bear in mind that it's a good idea to have your system serviced annually. A quick checkup on your system by a professional technician can make sure that there are no problems with the sump pump and that everything is in perfect working order. You may want to have a technician come to check everything out if you're concerned that it needs some maintenance.

Hi;

I want to again thank you for your systems and customer service and all
around service. You guys are great. I had my system put in 2006, I think. I have two pumps, joined and exiting out to my front lawn. They are great. No water since that day. My question. I have asked before, but I want to re-assure myself.

Can I flush the drains, (the drains are all around the interior perimeters of my basement. With access holes at either end. Shoulld I flush with water to clear the pumps and basically just to check if all is ok. ? I worry about stagnant water in the drains and pumps!

Thank you,
Eric
Yonkers, NY :)