PDA

View Full Version : Waterguard VS Draintile

circa33
01-17-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm having Waterguard installed in a few weeks, but can't seem to get the idea of drain tile out of my head after we discussed hydrostatic pressure. I only have evidence of leakage from 1 wall on which there are 2 window wells. I had a few other companies come and quote me and they all were shooting down Waterguard vs Draintile (of course, they could not sell Waterguard)

Thanks

richard
01-21-2005, 09:21 AM
That's a valid concern you have. Hydrostatic pressure is in deed the cause of most water seepage problems. Hydrostatic pressure is water building up outside the foundation walls. The more water against the foundation the more hydrostatic builds up. When the pressure is great enough the water will seep in at the floor/wall joint. The Waterguard system drains the water where the water first breaches the foundation. Drain tile will only capture the water if it makes it over the footing then filter through sediment before it makes it into the drain. Before the water reaches the draintile system there is a possibility of water wicking up the floor/wall joint and back onto the basement floor.
I would like to respond to your last comment in parenthesis. As a Basement Systems Dealer they could offer drain tile, after all it is piping you can buy in any local building supply house but they choose to use Waterguard because it is a superior system with little or no maintenence and it's the responsible way to fix wet basements.