Basement Systems Help Forum  

Go Back   Basement Systems Help Forum > Basement Systems Help Forum > About Basement Systems
Basement Systems Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2005, 09:38 PM

Default footings

My basement floor is about 1inch below the top of the footing. The water leaks between the footing and the wall. It's been suggested that I install a perimeter drain and cut off an angle piece of the footing to make the water go into the drain. I'm a little concerned about cutting the footing. Any comments? Thanks.
Contact Basement Systems
Old 02-18-2005, 08:58 AM

The leak is coming in from a very common location. Your situation is a little unusual but not totally uncommon. There are definetly ways to fix this situation without cutting the footing. If an interior drain system is installed you can install some type of vapor barrier or waterproof flashing down the wall over the footing and down into the drain system. We have a variety of products that can be used in this situation. Give us a call at 1-800-541-0487 to find a Basement Systems dealer in your area.

Thanks
Basement Systems Inc.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:33 AM

Default footings

Interesting response. It is Basement Systems that wants to cut the footing.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:26 AM

I dont know who recommended cutting the footing. The person asking the original question would know which contractor did so. We have only stated there are alternatives to cutting it.

Thanks
Basement Systems Inc.