Basement Systems Help Forum  

Go Back   Basement Systems Help Forum > Basement Systems Help Forum > General Questions
Basement Systems Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2008, 01:12 PM

Default Saturated Floor AFTER Basement System Install

Hi,

I live in the Southern CT area; we've had a decent amount of rain within the last week, and I noticed (as early as the first day of rain) that some areas of my basement and garage floor are damp despite having a functioning Basement System installed. It's not yet a series of puddles, but I can clearly see the water discoloring the foundation floor in puddle shapes. More specifically, these saturated areas are appearing along the perimeter of the wall where my original cement floor meets the cement that was poured after the installers dug the perimeter channel. Is this a normal problem that some Drylock would solve? Is the Basement Systems channel somewhat failing me (i.e. is this a small problem now that could become a big problem over time)? What should I do?

Thanks.
Contact Basement Systems
Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Hi,

I wouldn't react to the concern just yet. It takes a while for the cement to cure. Without seeing the actual "puddling" it's hard to say there is a problem. If it continues call your local dealer to have them take a look. They can run a test to see if the system is draining properly. If it is draining properly it's the curing process.

Thanks,
Richard