Basement Systems Help Forum  

Go Back   Basement Systems Help Forum > Basement Systems Help Forum > General Questions
Basement Systems Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2008, 04:41 PM

Angry Help! My neighbors basement is flooding!

Last spring I caught my neighbor traspassing our property by laying a 4" pipe 150ft onto our acreage and having his basements sump pump hooked up to it at the other end. The waterflow was going constantly! I involved the local township who made him remove the pipe from my property so my land/pines can dry again.
Today I looked around my acreage again and this time find the pipe laying on his property but leaking and draining not too far from my property line and near my house! It's a small lake out there, between pines that are drowning. It is hard to see from my house since we have a lot of pines between us, and it is not yet crossing my propert line too much.
But my question is, how can a basement have a 4" pipe constantly spitting out water? How is it possible?
The neighbor said that he went 2 blocks too deep into the ground when he built the house? Now I have to accept him draining all this water near our property to collect mosquito heaven in the summer? He said that a pond would help him have less problems. I think he needs that basement checked instead.
Check out last years pictures of my neighbors' mess. Any suggestions? Please let me know... What would you do????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111_1132.JPG (75.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 111_1125-2.jpg (34.2 KB, 5 views)
Contact Basement Systems
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 PM

Default RE

tell her to ask a plumber fi repair
Old 09-11-2008, 01:47 PM

how did everything turn out, VIVID?