Basement Systems Help Forum  

Go Back   Basement Systems Help Forum > Basement Systems Help Forum > General Questions
Basement Systems Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Mill Creek Flooring

Hello,

I recently visited with my local Basement Systems Dealer and he showed me this new Mill Creek PVC flooring that was really impressive! I was seriously considering purchasing it for my basement, but I'm a little hesitant after researching PVC "in general" on the internet. Several sites strongly discourage PVC flooring (specifically vinyl with phthalates) in the home due to the off-gassing of dangerous chemicals. Due to this fact I have several questions:
1) What type of off-gas is given off after it is laid?
2) Does it contain phthalates?
3) Is it UL Listed?
4) Approved for use in Canada?
Please advise. Thank you.
Contact Basement Systems
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Got a sample. It is NOT very durable. Scratches VERY easy!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not positive how long ago you may have gotten a sample, but the generation of MillCreek we are currently using and installing is very durable. This original post unfortunately seems to have gone unanswered from 2008, and we've MUCH improved MillCreek since then.

I have it in my own home in a basement bathroom, with a child, 2 cats and a dog. I'm proud to say I haven't seen a scratch yet. Not to say you can't scratch it. You can damage just about any flooring accidentally or through wear and tear.

Anyone looking into MillCreek-- the best advice I can give you is to get an estimate from an authorized Basement Systems Dealer in your area, and view the most current generation of MillCreek Flooring for yourself.