Basement Systems Help Forum  

Go Back   Basement Systems Help Forum > Basement Systems Help Forum > General Questions
Basement Systems Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2008, 01:19 AM

Question Back Entrances?

Hi Mr/Ms Moderator;

Another inane question from me. I have unwanted visitors presently
in my basement. Namely mice!!! I have two pumps, one lower whcih feeds into the other and then out to my lawn. With your Ice preventive thing attached
outside. The exit pipe is not enclosed or screened, can mice run back into the system???

As always, thank you.
Eric B

Last edited by JacquesBouchard; 09-30-2008 at 08:27 AM..
Contact Basement Systems
Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 AM

Smile

Eric,

That's a very good question, and thank you for asking it.

You're right to be concerned- Basement Systems closes off the ends of our pipes with products like the lawnscape to prevent animals and debris from entering into the pipes. I would contact your local dealer and ask them to either add one on to your pipe, or, if they did the installation for you, to explain why one isn't needed. They would know more about your specific case, and there may be a good reason that they haven't.

On the other hand, I wouldn't worry about mice entering the basement through this pipe if you have a Basement Systems sump pump installed. If a mouse was to somehow enter the discharge pipe and run into the home- which would be extremely difficult for it given the slick upwards climb at the edge of the house- it would find itself entering into an thick, durable airtight sump pump liner with no possible way to pass through it into your home. However, I doubt that even that is possible.

Cheers!
~Jacques

P.S.- I found this useful site with information about how to take care of your problem:

http://www.howtodothings.com/home-an...d-of-mice.html

---

Hi Mr/Ms Moderator;

Another inane question from me. I have unwanted visitors presently
in my basement. Namely mice!!! I have two pumps, one lower whcih feeds into the other and then out to my lawn. With your Ice preventive thing attached
outside. The exit pipe is not enclosed or screened, can mice run back into the system???

As always, thank you.
Eric B

Last edited by JacquesBouchard; 09-30-2008 at 08:32 AM..