Dehumidification Learning Center
The SaniDry™ XP upright model is an energy-efficient basement dehumidifier.
Why Household Dehumidifiers Just Don't Do the Job:
- They are too small.
- The cold coil (the actual thing that takes the water out of the air) is too small.
- The fan is too small (it has to be so it doesn't blow the air past the dinky coil too fast, otherwise it wouldn't take any water out!).
- The fan doesn't circulate the dry air around your basement - because it's too small.
- They usually aren't drained automatically, so the bucket fills up and they shut off.
- They are rated (25 pints, 30 pints, 40 pints, etc.) per day at 80 degrees air temperature. Warm air holds a lot more moisture than cold air. Put them in a 68 degree basement and their effectiveness goes way down below this number.
There is simply no comparison between a SaniDry™ Basement Air System and any dehumidifier you've ever seen. I am usually a bit conservative and always realistic about what a product can do. The SaniDry™ Basement Air System is one product where I let all the performance promises hang out.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.